Find the proper way to do oil pulling using pure virgin coconut oil to keep your mouth free from harmful bacteria and other pathogens...
Coconut oil pulling is fantastic oral detoxification. It is primarily used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine since ages. It is the best way to remove bad bacteria and promote healthy teeth and gums. It literally sucks the toxins out of the mouth and creates a clean, antiseptic oral environment. Its proven to be more effective than teeth flossing. Till date, there are 21 oil pulling research studies reporting on the health benefits of doing oil pulling. One such research from The Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine confirmed that oil pulling is one of the most effective natural health solutions known to scientists that prevent tooth decay and loss.
Oil pulling is a powerful detoxifying Ayurvedic technique that has recently become very popular as a CAM remedy for many different health ailments. Using this method, surgery or medication could be prevented for a number of chronic illnesses. The oil therapy is preventative as well as curative. The exciting aspect of this healing method is its simplicity.
Ayurveda advises oil gargling to purify the entire system; as it holds that each section of the tongue is connected to a different organ such as to the kidneys, lungs, liver, heart, small intestines, stomach, colon, and spine, similarly to reflexology and TCM.
Oil pulling can be done with other oils too, but coconut is the powerful medicine among all.
1) It removes cavity/tooth decay and prevents further plaque formation
2) It eliminates bad breath
3) It cures sore throat dryness
4) It is a great moisturizer and thus heals cracked lips
5) It treats gingitivitus (gum disease) and treats oral thrush by killing Candida
It is also very important to do oil pulling in the correct method, or else the oil that is swished (containing toxins) can get inside body.
1. Oil pulling must be done soon after waking up each day, before brushing, drinking and eating anything.
2. Take 2 tablespoons of pure virgin coconut oil and swish it around the mouth for 10 minutes. If needed, add 2 drops of pure eucalyptus oil for better results.
3. Make sure that you dont swallow even small amount of the swished oil
4. Spit out the oil in the trash (Because it may clog up the sink plumbing
5. Immediately rinse the mouth thoroughly with warm water with salt added.
6. At last, do not forget to brush your teeth as normal
When the oil is choked while swishing, the fat can enter the lungs and, in rare cases, cause lipid pneumonia. Oral thrush is common among children, but oil pulling is NOT recommended for infants and children, as they are more likely to swallow the oil.