Watch Boa, Oscar Shortlisted Pixar Chinese Animation Short Film HereChandra Prabu (Author) Published Date : Dec 18, 2018 18:02 IST
Oscar Academy shortlisted 10 Short Best Animation movie.
- Pixar's "Bao"
- DreamWorks's "Bilby"
- DreamWorks's "Bird Karma"
- "One Small Step" directed by Disney alums Andrew Chesworth and Bobby Pontillas about qualifying for the space program
- "Age of Sail" directed by Oscar-winner John Kahrs about being adrift at sea
- "Pepe le Morse" directed by Lucrece Andreae about a family's sojourn of mourning
- "Animal Behaviour" directed by Alison Snowden and David Fine about hilarious animal issues
- "Weekends" directed by Pixar story artist Trevor Jimenez
- Cartoon Saloon's "Late Afternoon" directed by Louise Bagnall which explores dementia
- "Lost & Found" directed by Andrew Goldsmith & Bradley Slabe about recovering a special friendship
DreamWorks "Bilby" is an Australian outback survival story directed by Pierre Perifel, Liron Topaz and JP Sans and the same banner's 2D "Bird Karma" is a beautiful watercolor short film directed by William Salazar.
The Oscar Nominations will be announced on January 22, Tuesday, 2019. The Oscar Award Function will be on Sunday, February 24, 2019, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, and will be live on the ABC Television Network.
In Bao, an aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy. Mom excitedly welcomes this new bundle of joy into her life, but Dumpling starts growing up fast, and Mom must come to the bittersweet revelation that nothing stays cute and small forever. This short film from Pixar Animation Studios and director Domee Shi explores the ups and downs of the parent-child relationship through the colorful, rich, and tasty lens of the Chinese immigrant community in Canada.
Watch Boa, Oscar Shortlisted Pixar Chinese Animation Short Film Here