Moisturising and Hydrating your Skin and Scalp Effectively This WinterUma (Author) Published Date : Dec 27, 2018 13:11 IST
During winters, the skin can turn dry or black, and sometimes spots may appear on elbows and butt, making it look like rashes. But the reason is that our skin becomes too dry in cold climate and it is very essential to follow methods to restore moisture.
1. Avoid taking long hot baths since it removes the moisture from the skin.
2. Apply cocoa butter (natural alternative to petroleum-based moisturizers) after taking bath using Cetaphil soap.ads
3. Before sleeping, apply Cetaphil moisturizing lotion over the dry parts and massage well.
4. Drink 1500 ml of water every day.
5. Whenever your lips feel dry or cracked, apply cocoa butter lip balm, glycerine, aloe vera or ghee.
6. For dry scalp and dandruff: Use Natural Mint Shampoo twice a week. Before taking hairwash, mix 3 drops of tea tree oil, lemon juice, yogurt, pinches of salt, camphor, crushed basil leaves, onion juice, garlic paste, banana paste, neem paste, coconut oil, and olive oil. Apply this paste directly on your scalp and wait for 30 minutes before rinsing your hair with fenugreek water.
8. Wash your pillow cover and towel every week
9. Avoid all other chemical products
10. Consume hydrating food like watermelon, cucumber, strawberry, papaya, coconut oil, olive oil, honey, almonds and Vitamin B, B12 rich food like milk, yogurt, cheese, and rice
These remedies can be followed to effectively hydrate your skin and scalp within a short period of time.
Moisturising and Hydrating your Skin and Scalp Effectively This Winter