Wide Range of Medicinal Properties of Neem to Cure Almost Every Health ProblemUma (Author) Published Date : Dec 27, 2018 14:49 IST
Neem plays a vital role in the tradition medicinal uses in India. The neem tree has over 130 different biologically active compounds. Each part of the tree - the leaves, twigs, bark, seeds, root, fruits or flowers, is used in traditional Ayurvedic treatment for a wide range of purposes, including for skin, body, hair and teeth. They have antibacterial, anticarcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, antimalarial, anti-microbial and anti-viral properties. Neem is a remedy for almost all the health concerns.
Make a paste of fresh neem leaves with 3 pinches of turmeric in it.ads
1) It treats Infections, wounds, rashes, burns, scars, insect bites, itching
2) It clears the face from acne, pimples, dark circles, dark spots, pigmentation excellently.
3) It has excellent moisturizing properties
4) It fights pathogens and can thus delay the signs of aging
Add neem paste with coconut oil and apply on scalp and hair.
1) It treats psoriasis, dandruff, damaged hair and removes lice
2) It prevents hairfall, supports hair follicle growth and also prevents baldness
3) It strengthens hair and makes it shinier
4) It is a good hair conditioner for dry and frizzy hair
Various researches confirm that chewing neem leaves does miracles to the body.
1) It improves vision and removes eye irritation, tiredness and redness. You can also boil some leaves, let it cool down, and use that water to wash the eyes.
2) It boosts the immune system and thus protecting the body from bacteria, fungi, virus and other infectious organisms that cause infections in the body.
3) It helps digestion, loss of apetite, ulcers, destroys excess bacteria in the intestinal region
4) It is used to treat Malaria, fever, piles, urinary track disorders, diabetes, asthma and arthritis
5) It lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels
6) The flower is used to control phlegm and cough
7) It removes toxins from the body
8) It reduces joint and muscle pain because of its anti-inflammatory properties
Indians are traditionally using neem twigs to brush their teeth. However, using an old twig can cause illness as it may become contaminated with fungi.
1) It fights against the bacteria in mouth and prevents plaque formation
2) It maintains the alkaline level of saliva
3) It whitens the teeth
4) It treats gum infections like gingitivitis
Though neem is very beneficial in every aspect, pregnant ladies are not supposed to consume it because consuming neem produces immense internal heat which is a great threat to the foetus. Also, neem oil seems to be very dangerous for some children and adults, so it is better to avoid using it.
Neem is very effective when plucked directly from the tree in neighbourhood. If not available, good quality neem can be purchased online.
Wide Range of Medicinal Properties of Neem to Cure Almost Every Health Problem