Stimulus Money USA: Track Your Money Status in IRSVijayan Sankar (Author) Published Date : Apr 12, 2020 15:40 IST
From Good Friday, Americans, apart from the fear of coronavirus, are now talking about its stimulus payments. Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms are abuzz with those who have received payments and those asking about when they will get it. It is because of the millions who have lost their jobs and sitting idle at home. They want the stimulus payment as early as possible. The IRS is providing them an option now to ensure their payment. Also, from April 17, they are releasing a Get My Payment app to track their stimulus money.
The US Treasury and the IRS internal revenue service together have done an excellent job or releasing the payments from April 9 itself. People who filed their tax returns for 2018 or 2019 are only getting their bank accounts credited with the direct payment from the IRS. But for the millions of nonfilers who do not file tax returns due to low income are the most eager people to know about the stimulus and also in bad need of it.
Coronavirus had affected only these nonfilers more than the others as they are among the more than 10 million people who have filed for jobless claims. Since they do not have much savings, they are the ones who need the stimulus amount to meet the daily needs in this coronavirus hit worst times. The IRS is now providing them with an option to provide the payment information to get the economic impact payment. The information will help to fill Form 1040 and send it to IRS for payment.
The simple steps about Stimulus Money information
- Visit the IRS.gov site and click the Nonfilers: Enter Payment Info Here, to be sent to the IRS partner site File Fillable Forms
- By providing the mobile number or email address create an account with an ID and password
- Fill in the details of your name, email & mailing address, DOB, social security number
- If you have a bank account number, fill it in or the only the check will be sent to your mailing address
- Check for the dependent box for anyone to use your name as dependant
- For you to claim dependant stimulus for your children or others enter their social security number / Adoption Taxpayer Identification no. and their relationship to you or your spouse
- After filling the details, you will be directed to the verification page to give personal information and give it one by one. You may have to provide your driver's license or state information and if you do not have one leave it blank
- After submission of it, you will receive an email from Free File Fillable forms of you being successful in providing the information. Also, in case of a problem the email will come with ways to rectify it and correct it send it back to them.
- That's it. Now be ready to receive the economic impact payments soon.
- Also, to track your stimulus payments, you can use the Get My Payment app that IRS is releasing from April 17.
Stimulus Money USA: Track Your Money Status in IRS